Saturday, December 24, 2011

NO MAIL RECEPTACLE

...that's what the packet of mail said that the postal worker left on my porch yesterday.  
Fortunately, my friendly new neighbor said I could put my new mailbox on her post! So, today, another project by a girl who keeps wishing she was a handy-person.


 Yeah!  No diggin' postholes in the winter for me! So off to the neighborhood Lowe's and
 then a date with my loves Black and Decker.


Anyway, its not too interesting, but I stole the neighbor's mailbox, thawed it out, got my new mailbox, drilled holes through the bottom of both and attached both mailboxes to 2X4 braces made of pressure treated wood. Finally, I installed L-brackets at the width of the post outside.



I walked that well-appointed and beautifully secured beast outside, attached it to the arm with 3 inch screws and the L-brackets and Tur-Dur! There you have it.  


Now I can get bills! :)






1 comment:

  1. Another good job. I think you are working up to being able to do anything!

    ReplyDelete